Saturday, July 01, 2006

Petticoat Socks

Currect Progress photo of my Petticoat Socks. Am using Wildfoot yarn in Rhapsody colorway #SY-200. Pattern is at http://www.tostetoes.com/petticoatsocks.htm. I have seen many people do this in pastel colorways and thought I would do this in something much different. I am really liking the results. I finally found needles I really like for the purl 3 together. EZY-KNIT they were made a long time ago and I got some from my aunt who got them from my grandmothers knitting needles. the ponts are perfect for this and the needles are steel so not bendy and as I am a tight knitter this is a must. flexible plastic needles while some have great points drive me nuts. Pattern is originally written for two circs. I use dpns, but easy to make adjustments. Since so many have gotten used to making the adjustment to patterns other way it s only fair for some of us to make our turn. Besides after having done it bothe ways, it isn't hard to adapt. You just go round and round after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home