Saturday, November 05, 2005

Knitting again/ Car

Been catching up on some knitting. Working on baby sweaters. have almost finished one for baby Simon. Yarn to finish is winging its way to me from northern reaches, thanks to a dear friend who went on the hunt for me. Is a Patons yarn called Astra, in a Denim Mix colorway. Am also working on an orange and white one as a request for a friend. She is from Tennessee and that is their colors and wants this for her grandbaby. Also plan on digging out and working on socks again soon.
As I was cleaning up and packing up my DD's bedroom, I found my handknit socks. She didn't take them to Japan. She had snatched them out of my drawer last winter so now I snatched them back. At least I will have warm feet.
Went shopping last week and bought myself a bit of new clothes. Kind of had too. Am down by 50 lbs and nothing fits at all. Been buying what I had to for work and all, but I kind of like looking nice too. For me I need to.
Car goes into shop this week for getting paint work repaired. the hood and trunk. The gas guage is acting all funny sometimes and I think it is fixing to go out. I really wish I could get a different car. Something smaller and better gas mileage. Even Jean complained about how much gas that thing ate. It does, but I have to live with it for now. I have been driving it for a long time. I got it in summer of the year I started working at JoAnn Fabrics, worked there 2 1/2 years, Walmart 2 1/2 yrs, and am at Target almost 3 years, plus layed off for for 5 mths in between. So near about 7 or so years I guess. I know we bought it when our oldest was still in high school and our youngest was in middle school. Now our yougest is in 2nd year of college.
Time does go by.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susanne said...

Hey thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I am never sure if you get my "replies". Hope all is well with you, buying new clothes is fun, good for you on the weight loss...

9:40 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Patti, you are doing so well with your weight loss. Glad you have been able to go out and get some new clothes just for you! I know how much fun that is.

If by chance you are looking for a few who seem to be missing, please check out my blog and you will see where we are now.

Patti, you just take care of you and know that I am usually around if you would like to chat!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home